Vivek Pawar is currently the CEO of Deshpande Foundation. He had earlier served the foundation the last 8 years as a Managing Trustee. He is also the Chairman Emeritus & Founder of Sankalp Semiconductor.
An alumni of IIT Kharagpur, Vivek served Texas Instruments India and USA, for 15+ years in various management positions. During his stint at TI, he is credited with development of innovative chip products with many rewards and recognitions, few of them are:
- World’s first integrated DSL that won the EDN Asia award in 1999
- World’s first single chip DSL that won EDN world Award in 2003
- Vivek has 3 patents and multiple international publications to his credit.
He founded Sankalp Semiconductors (an advanced technology services provider offering comprehensive solutions from concept to prototype, in the semiconductor space) in 2005 and over a span of 10 years he has established multiple development centres across the globe in Germany, Canada, California and Texas USA apart from 4 centres in India. Vivek was inducted into Deshpande Foundation in April 2018. He has been tasked with a mission to work on strategies to adopt a scalable model for the foundation, lower the cost per impact, improve quality and improve execution.
Vivek is also involved in following initiatives
- NETRA, a Not-for-profit initiative of IESA, ESSCI, for transforming Engineering campuses across India into Product innovation Centers by building Entrepreneurial ecosystem & talent transformation.
Enabling entrepreneurs through mentoring and workshops.
- Abdul Kalam Susandhi Fellowship - Took 10th standard kids from BPL (Below poverty line) families- trained them in chip design, software, systemic process design. In the last 8 years, 125 have been trained and 100% years- working with Sankalp, start-ups.
Awards and recognitions
- Deloitte selected Sankalp as Fast 50 Tech companies in India by in 2010 and 2011 with growth of 200+% in last 2 years.
Sankalp was selected by Red Herring as Global top 100 tech companies in 2012
- Only Semiconductor Company to achieve this from Asia and Europe in 2012.
- And only semiconductor company to achieve that ever from India at global level.
- STP Govt of India awarded Sankalp with Top IT exporter from North Karnataka from 2009 till 2017
- Silicon India USA magazine selected Sankalp as top 5 Semicon start-ups in 2011
- Frost and Sullivan Award for 'Competitive Strategy Leadership in the Semiconductor Design Market‘
- “Innovative Entrepreneur” award by TiE Hubballi in 2010 at the hands of Narayan Murthy and Desh Deshpande
- Vanijya Ratna award from Karnataka Chamber of commerce, Hubballi 2014
- Rajyotasava award winner for Hubballi Dharawad from HDMC 2018
- Board Member for IESA, Indian Electronic and Semiconductor Association, the premier semiconductor industry association in India
- Founding Trustee of KLETech-CTIE which has enabled 50+ Tech start-ups in last 10 years. Currently 42 start-ups are in campus as unique model for India
- Advisor to “VTU-National Academy for Skill Development”, Govt of Karnataka
- Advisor to “Mind Tree Learning Academy”.